Monday, July 7, 2014

Each & Every One

Sitting on a tire feeder, baking in the sun, listening to my horses munching dinner.  Carli comes over & closes her eyes, waiting for me to rub her face.  She's such a love.  As long as I rub she'll stay with me.  Quietly she blows hot air against my neck.  Maybe a little too hot considering it's over 100* out.  Ha!  I blow softly in her nostrils & she sighs.  Finally, after about 20 minutes, she returns to her dinner.

I continue to just hang out & watch my horses.  It's so peaceful.  Ryn comes over with hay hanging out her mouth.  Her big eyes sparkling at me as I rub her forehead.  She sniffs me & tries to chew on my shoes.  Silly little Ryn.  Growing bored, she decides dinner is more interesting & returns to eating.

I can see that Faye has been watching all this out of the corner of her eye.  She takes a bite of hay, lifts her head & stares at me.  Another bite & another eye connection.  Slowly she makes her way over & gently, almost imperceptively, she reaches out & touches my hand with her muzzle.  Then she just looks into my eyes.  She has such pretty, big eyes that shine with life.  I can see my reflection in them & wonder how she perceives me.

Launi snubs me.  He rolls an eye in my direction & flicks an ear back.  Launi, who's used to having my undivided attention, must be unhappy because he was left home for the weekend.  He'd been giving me the evil eye everytime I looked at him throughout the day.  I walk over to him & still he refuses to look at me.  I give him a pat, tell him I love him, & turn to walk away.  He roughly shoves his head into my shoulder & gives me an almost silent nicker.  He shoves his head into me again & seems to just glare at me with ears 1/2 pinned.  Oh yes, he's sulking at the lack of my attention.  Then he reaches out & grabs for my chapstick necklace.  His eyes light up with their mischievous sparkle.  I let him briefly hold the chapstick, then rub his forehead.  His eyes close & I'm forgiven.

All so different & I love them all, each & every one.